Thursday, Feb 9, 2023
logo
Update At 14:00    USD/EUR 0,93  ↓-0.0015        USD/JPY 131,42  ↑+0.08        USD/KRW 1.263,62  ↑+3.09        EUR/JPY 141,04  ↑+0.308        Crude Oil 85,09  ↑+0        Asia Dow 3.495,61  ↑+1.49        TSE 1.853,50  ↓-6.5        Japan: Nikkei 225 27.534,99  ↓-71.47        S. Korea: KOSPI 2.479,87  ↓-3.77        China: Shanghai Composite 3.252,02  ↑+19.9175        Hong Kong: Hang Seng 21.356,79  ↑+73.27        Singapore: Straits Times 3,42  ↓-0.025        DJIA 22,23  ↑+0        Nasdaq Composite 11.910,52  ↓-203.265        S&P 500 4.117,86  ↓-46.14        Russell 2000 1.942,60  ↓-30.0099        Stoxx Euro 50 4.209,15  ↓-0.16        Stoxx Europe 600 459,46  ↑+1.27        Germany: DAX 15.412,05  ↑+91.17        UK: FTSE 100 7.885,17  ↑+20.46        Spain: IBEX 35 9.227,30  ↑+54.9        France: CAC 40 7.119,83  ↓-12.52        

HBL’s close ties to the UK

Article - April 29, 2014
HBL benefits from Pakistani diaspora’s trust in and recognition of the brand
Incorporated in the UK in 2001, Habib Bank UK is a 90.5 per cent owned subsidiary of HBL, with the other 9.5 per cent held by Allied Bank Limited. Technically Habib Bank has two UK subsidiaries, Habib Allied International Bank PLC (trading as Habib Bank UK) and Habibsons Bank, but as one is owned by the other it is considered one subsidiary. Branches are located in London, Leicester, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.

Habib Bank UK serves customers with products and services that target their unique banking and financing needs in addition to basic banking services. For example, their service called eRemit allows UK residents to send remittance to a beneficiary’s account in Pakistan, Nepal or Bangladesh at no charge if the remittance’s purpose is personal and the payment is made with an HBL UK debit card.

“It is a small local community bank which provides services in a way where people can go, and they understand the language and of course these immigrants feel comfortable,” says Mr Nauman Dar, HBL’s President and CEO.

Aside from having the expertise needed to assist import/export businesses with the specialised, complex trade finance situations they encounter, HBL UK also enjoys a strong reputation and brand awareness among its customers.

“Our brand is recognised by [the] Pakistani diaspora very easily,” Mr Dar points out. “They trust this bank and this was there from day one, since the country came into existence.”

COMPANY DATABASESee all Database >

FUJISASH CO.,LTD.

Manufacturing, Japan

ABLIC Inc.

Manufacturing, Japan

LEADER DATABASESee all Database >

Katsumi Ishizaka

CEO & President
Fuji Silysia Chemical L.T.D.

TSUTOMU YOSHIDA

Representative Director and President
FUJISASH CO.,LTD.

Nobumasa Ishiai

President and CEO, ABLIC Inc. Senior Managing Executive Officer, MinebeaMitsumi Inc. (Parent Company of ABLIC)
ABLIC Inc.

HIROSHI KOYAMA

MANAGING DIRECTOR
JUJO CHEMICAL CO., LTD.

  0 COMMENTS