Thursday, Apr 18, 2024
logo
Update At 14:00    USD/EUR 0,94  ↓-0.0004        USD/JPY 154,29  ↓-0.027        USD/KRW 1.373,86  ↓-4.56        EUR/JPY 164,75  ↑+0.092        Crude Oil 87,46  ↑+0.17        Asia Dow 3.661,24  ↓-16.69        TSE 1.814,00  ↑+0.5        Japan: Nikkei 225 38.101,32  ↑+139.52        S. Korea: KOSPI 2.631,07  ↑+46.89        China: Shanghai Composite 3.088,33  ↑+16.9446        Hong Kong: Hang Seng 16.469,29  ↑+217.45        Singapore: Straits Times 3,22  ↑+0.038        DJIA 22,20  ↓-0.04        Nasdaq Composite 15.683,37  ↓-181.879        S&P 500 5.022,21  ↓-29.2        Russell 2000 1.947,95  ↓-19.5288        Stoxx Euro 50 4.914,13  ↓-2.86        Stoxx Europe 600 498,52  ↑+0.31        Germany: DAX 17.770,02  ↑+3.79        UK: FTSE 100 7.847,99  ↑+27.63        Spain: IBEX 35 10.633,90  ↑+107        France: CAC 40 7.981,51  ↑+48.9        

AGEF: heading up land management

Article - February 13, 2014
Established in 1999, AGEF is raising the state’s efficiency in managing urban land
CÔTE D’IVOIRE
AGEF (the Land Management Agency), in operation since 1999, has been collaborating with the private sector to develop the land of Côte d’Ivoire. 
 
Its mixed economy structure – 60 per cent of shares are held by the public with the remaining 40 per cent in the hands of the private sector – is working in part because past mismanagement of the industry has made the private sector’s knack for efficiency necessary, says CEO Lamine Coulibaly. Indeed, AGEF has been able to transform a deficit into a profit in just four years. 

“In 2010, AGEF reported a budget deficit of CFA1.5bn.
In 2011, we recorded a profit of CFA300m”


Lamine Coulibaly,
CEO of AGEF
Its main services are to consult with land reserves on behalf of the State, liaising with local authorities. It also acts as intermediary in order to reduce the risk of land conflicts, particularly in urbanised areas. 
 
Its goal and strength, according to Mr Coulibaly, is to achieve “zero land dispute” status by going straight to the source to accurately identify land rights holders – a great benefit to foreign investors, he says, since they will have one less obstacle and more peace of mind when investing in the country. 
 
In this way, AGEF’s presence is becoming increasingly important, helping also to create new districts and neighbourhoods in order to meet demand. In Mr Coulibaly’s words, AGEF has become the “gateway to all businesses interested in Côte d’Ivoire”.

  0 COMMENTS