Sunday, Oct 22, 2017
Infrastructure | Africa | Gabon

CGC ensures trade fluidity that is safe, fast and guaranteed


6 years ago

share by WhatsApp

The Conseil Gabonais des Chargeurs (CGC), or Gabonese Loader Council, supervises the nation’s trade and freight sector to guarantee secure goods transportation

A new entrepreneurial spirit is pervading the nation’s business sectors, unleashing a wealth of opportunities for any enterprise looking to invest in Gabon. The country is now more than ever predisposed to welcome all types of investments, with the President creating a liberal business environment and throwing open Gabon’s trading doors to the global business community. As such, international exports and imports are both on the rise.

Optimizing the commercial flow is the raison d’être of the Conseil Gabonais des Chargeurs (CGC), a regulating entity that takes care of supervising all the players in the trade and freight sectors. Its main partners are OPRAG and GPM, since 90% of the trade is done via Gabon’s maritime ports, but it also interacts with aviation, rail and road companies to support the remaining 10% need for transportation.

The CGC works with major transportation companies, such as Maersk and CMA CGM, as well as with the government. Its activities act as reliable indicators for the Gabonese economy. Indeed, while gathering extended economic data on the country’s exports and imports, the organization transfers reliable, up-to-date and decisive data in real time to the government and shipping companies, providing statistics and figures that help them to anticipate and manage trade traffic.

As regulators, the CGC targets trade fluidity throughout the country and makes sure the transportation chain is safe, fast and guaranteed.

  0 COMMENTS







RELATED NEWS






BLOG
405

ENTREPRENEURSHIP: An overused concept for an underused reality.

2017/07/13

When being part of a generation on which the flag of entrepreneurship seems to be constantly waving in the sea of young professionals looking to succeed in the business world, more often than not, we tend to drown in the... Read More


ADVANCED SEARCH

COUNTRY REPORTS

FOLLOW US
          
SUBSCRIBE


FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER




COUNTRY ARTICLES AND INTERVIEWS







© Worldfolio Ltd.

The Worldfolio provides intelligence about the economies with the highest growth potential in the world, with a focus on understanding them from within.

SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US                   | Terms and conditions - Privacy policy - Cookies policy.

Orgy