The Guyana Office for Investment (GO-Invest) was established under the Public Corporations Act (1994) in 1994 as a semi-autonomous body and comes under the direct purview of the Office of the President. The CEO answers to a Board of Directors which is composed on representatives of both the private and public sectors.
GO-Invest is divided into two divisions, one responsible for Investment Facilitation and Promotion and the other for Export Promotion. With these divisions, GO-Invest offers a full complement of services to local and foreign investors and exporters:
Investment Promotion & Facilitation
- Serve as a primary contact for investors and liaising with government agencies throughout the investment process.
- Provide investors with a comprehensive summary of steps necessary to commence business operations in Guyana and assisting throughout the process. (see Investor’s Roadmap)
- Provide information on incentives available to investors and regulations relevant to the sectors of interest. (see Investment Guide and Investor’s Roadmap)
- Develop profiles on investment opportunities in Guyana.
- Assist with obtaining factory space or land for investment purposes.
- Assist with coordination of joint venture efforts between local and overseas interests.
- Advise Government on the formulation of national investment policies and the implementation of such policies.
- Provide current and potential exporters with trade information for the successful exploitation of overseas markets.
- Assist exporters in promoting their products through participation in national and international exhibitions and trade missions.
- Work closely with exporting organisations to ensure that problems affecting exporters are expeditiously addressed.
- Recommend to Government practical measures to stimulate export trade.
- Advise the Government on the formulation of national export policies and the implementation of such policies.
When being part of a generation on which the flag of entrepreneurship seems to be constantly waving in the sea of young professionals looking to succeed in the business world, more often than not, we tend to drown in the... Read More