Pakistani food, such a diverse range of tastes, it can be a paradise for the adventurous eater or a big tummy ache for those who don’t appreciate a bit of spice on their plate. Although it is the lesser known of the South Asian cuisines it comes from a rich blend of influences coming from India, Middle East and the Far East.
Here are some of our favorite restaurants in Islamabad – Pakistani & continental:
- Khiva, the best dum pukht (lamb stew with potatoes that melt in your mouth) in town, outside seating and good service, you can bring your own wine or beer. House # 64, Main Margalla Road, Sector: F-6/3, Islamabad
- La Maison, full bar, set 3 course menu (French servings) that changes every other day, the owner Phillipe loves the feedback on his ‘new creations’. House 16, Street 47-F7/1, Islamabad
- Wild Rice at Serena, sushi & Asian food, much better than the PC sushi restaurant
- Moroccan at Serena, very good hummus & tagines, worth the hefty price tag.
- Manhattan Steak House, decent steaks and continental options, you can bring your own wine.
- Saidpur Village, cute little village with about 4-5 restaurants, most are pretty good we usually went on weekends and ate in these two,
- or Andaaz, modern Pakistani food
- or Polo Lounge, continental food
- Monale Restuarants, beautiful views but didn’t go back much for the food.